Emotional well-being at the office
If you are – let’s say – in a good relationship with your heart and soul, everything is easier. Especially, the work. Managing your emotions, mood and behavior are really important in stressful and complicated situations. Emotional well-being helps to show our respect to others and it helps to make a good communication in the team.
Emotional well-being at the office also helps people be more successful and they can also reach better goals. It is easier to stay motivated when you are aware of your qualities and weaknesses. Companies should keep this in mind because it can influence the quality of the tasks that the employees have to complete.
- When people are happy, they can work harder. People, then, are more productive and also more engaged, creative and better at solving problems.
- If employees are satisfied with their jobs, they tend to perform better. Plus, they are less likely to leave the current position.
- It is important to note that the staff’s emotional well-being at work helps people to feel more confident with themselves as well.
To achieve this, both companies and employees have their own tasks.
From the company’s side:
- Companies that let their employees design their workspace achieve 32% more productivity and people are happier & healthier there.
- Employees should get various tasks in order to not create too much routine.
- Companies should allow employees to work independently.
- Bosses should share work-related knowledge with their employees.
- Companies should organize different kinds of training.
- Try to see the good part of their work. Employees are happier when they know that their work helps others.
- Always keep in mind what you love about your job!
- Try to have a social life at your workplace, too! Research shows that it can reduce the level of stress.
- If you do not want to get bored soon because of your monotonous job, try to learn something new whenever you have a chance!
- In the end, remember to note this: do not compare yourself to others and do not despair! It is unnecessary!
Remember that the emotional well-being at your workplace is extremely important! Try to feel emotionally well and achieve more!
Latest posts by Virág Lőrincz (see all)
- The importance of emotional well-being at the office - October 18, 2016
- Find out how to attract recruiters with your resume - July 27, 2016
- 10 Dangerous things to not put in your CV [Infographic] - May 31, 2016